This blog was started back in 2019, I wanted to have my own space where I can share my adventures with other people, I enjoy writing about cool spots and things to do. My website went through a huge revamp in the early fall of 2021. I’m really excited to share my website with the world, I truly feel like this blog matches my personality, and I enjoy every post I write. Usually, there will be a new blog post up every two weeks, as well as a monthly newsletter.
I started this blog because I often hear from other people who live in my state that “there’s nothing to do here”, “it’s so boring here”, etc. I wanted to be able to share with other people all the things that I discover, in case they feel the same way about where they live. Life is too short to sit around and complain. There are so many fun things to do out there that people don’t know about, and I don’t know about you, but I hate missing out on fun stuff, lol.
My goal is for every reader who stops by my blog, to leave with a new piece of information, whether it’s a new food place to try out, or a new activity to do, or even some new tips, I want you to discover something new that you’d like to try.
Why the name “On the Move With Hannah”?
Actually, for the past 2 years, this blog was called “Mind of a Dreamer”, the name just randomly popped into my head when I decided to start a blog. But in fall 2021, I realized that I want my blog name to accurately represent me and what I do. Hence the new name, I am literally ALWAYS on the move lol, my friends can tell you. I’m always driving to try new restaurants or to do a fun activity, there’s so much to do, and I want to explore as much as I can and bring you along the ride with me.
The girl behind the blog
Allow me to properly introduce myself:
Hi, I’m Hannah, and I am the creator behind “On the Move With Hannah”. I am a “20 something” year old girl from Prince George’s County, MD who goes to college in Delaware, studying early childhood education. I honestly would have never thought that I would have my own website, writing about the things I’m most passionate about, but here I am, and I’m so excited to see what’s in store! Even though the main dream now is to travel and blog full time, I also have a passion to become a kindergarten teacher. On Instagram, I’m mainly recognized as a foodie, lol. My Instagram slowly turned into a food and travel page because I was so self-conscious about posting pictures of myself (still kind of am), that I then started to post pictures of my food and other places. Fast forward a few years, and here I am!
Fun facts about me:
- My favorite Bible verse is 1 Timothy 4:12
- I have a pet rabbit named Reuben (he’s a mini rex)
- My go to Starbucks order is a mango dragonfruit refresher with peach juice instead of water, no inclusions, 2 pumps of vanilla and a splash of coconut milk on top (I know it’s a lot but just try it and thank me later lol!)
- I am a HUGE Potterhead (Harry Potter fan, for those who don’t know), repping my fellow Ravenclaws
- Disney World and Universal Studios have my heart, they feel like a second home to me
- My favorite TV shows are: Grey’s Anatomy, The Bold Type, Abbott Elementary, Glee, and Masterchef
- I won “most clumsiest” in high school (and I still live up to that title, lol)
- Pasta and fried chicken sandwiches are my guilty pleasures
If you want to learn more about me, or you just want to chat, feel free to check out my Instagram!